Construction Accident Attorney Lake Worth
Lake Worth Construction Accident Lawyer
Contact the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt to speak with a top construction accident attorney Lake Worth residents trust. If you’ve been injured in a construction accident, you might be unsure whether or not to call an attorney. Call us and you can speak with a construction attorney who may review your case and offer a professional opinion at no charge.
Our attorneys have helped thousands of people receive medical care and lost wage compensation for injuries due to unsafe working conditions. If you need a construction accident attorney in Lake Worth, call us today at (561) 600-4024.
What to Know About Construction Accident Injuries
Unfortunately, accidents happen frequently on construction sites. If you have been injured on the job, you’re not alone. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration reports that one in 10 workers at construction sites are injured while on the job. Below is some important information about construction accidents, and how to help reduce the risk of suffering a work related injury.
Common Construction Accident Injuries
After suffering an injury at a construction site, a Lake Worth construction accident attorney may help you recover damages. It is important to discuss your case with our construction accident attorney from Lake Worth to better understand your legal options. Here are some of the most common construction injuries:
- – – Falls. Nearly 22 percent of construction injuries are due to workers falling off scaffolding, roofs, flooring, ladders, and under other circumstances.
- – – Falling objects. Virtually anything can fall from above at a construction site and cause injury: scaffolding, drywall, concrete, ladders, etc.
- – – Heavy machinery and other equipment. Large, heavy equipment can run over workers, crush arms or legs, or fall onto a worker.
- – – Crushed between objects. If a worker is crushed beneath an elevator, between walls, or by a vehicle, our Lake Worth construction accident attorney will tell you the victim is likely to be seriously, or even fatally injured.
- – – Explosions or fires. When these occur, workers are vulnerable to severe burns. If the explosion or fire involves a hazardous material, the resulting fumes or particles can come into contact with the worker and cause permanent or fatal injuries.
- – – Hypothermia or frostbite. Hypothermia can develop even when temperatures are relatively warm. In more extreme cases, it can even be fatal. Frostbite can cause permanent nerve damage, or loss of limbs and extremities such as toes, fingers, noses, and ears.
How Employers Can Minimize the Risk of Construction Accidents
Not every construction accident is preventable, but an employer can minimize the likelihood of accidents by following some basic safety rules. If an accident occurs, an experienced construction accident attorney Lake Worth offers may reconstruct the accident. In this way, he or she can determine how the employer might have prevented the accident, and if more than one party is liable for damages. In most instances, employers are expected to follow these guidelines:
- – – Educate construction workers and other employees about how to safely operate any machinery or tools that will be used on the job.
- – – If a worker is ill or otherwise unable to safely perform their job, they should be instructed to take a sick day from work.
- – – Construction accident attorneys Lake Worth residents turn to stress that workplace safety checks should be performed on a regular basis to identify potential hazards before an injury occurs.
- – – The use of safety restraints and harnesses should be taught to workers who may have to work more than six feet above the ground.
- – – Scaffolding, ladders, and other climbing equipment should be regularly inspected for damage and any issues that might cause them to fail. A construction accident attorney Lake Worth workers trust may determine that in addition to the job site employer, the equipment manufacturer may be liable.
- – – Slippery surfaces and other hazards should be clearly marked.
Steps to Take if You Have Suffered a Construction Accident
Working on a construction site often comes with their fair share of hazards. While there are a variety of accidents that may occur, one thing is certain, turning to a Lake Worth construction accident attorney following a construction accident is likely to be one of the best decisions you stand to make. Construction accidents have the ability to produce life altering injuries, some even have the ability to produce results that are severe, even fatal. Because of this, it may be in your best interest to pursue legal action. Taking the appropriate steps following a construction accident can not only ensure that you receive the proper care, but that your accident claim is protected should you choose to pursue your case:
Step 1: Seek Medical Attention, ASAP
Following a construction accident, our Lake Worth construction accident attorneys recommend that you seek medical attention as soon as possible. This is essential for a number of reasons. Not only does medical care help to ensure that you have received the proper diagnosis for your injuries, it can also play an essential role in your case. Receiving prompt medical treatment can:
- Provide you with diagnosis and treatment for your injuries
- Rule out any potentially life threatening injuries that you may be facing
- Provide key evidence should it be necessary to take steps towards seeking compensation for your injuries
- Link your injuries to the construction related accident that you were in
Step 2: Report Your Injuries to Your Employer
As soon as you are able, our construction accident attorney representing Lake Worth will tell you that you should report the accident and your injuries to your employer. The time frame you have for this will vary depending upon the way in which you plan to seek compensation. In most cases, workers’ compensation will be the most appropriate way for doing so. However, in some cases your Lake Worth construction accident attorney may advise that you pursue compensation in the form of a lawsuit. For the purposes of a workers’ compensation claim, in the state of Florida, you have 30 days from the accident, or the first sign of an injury to report your accident.
Step 3: Gather as Much Evidence as Possible
Gathering as much evidence from the very start will assist your Lake Worth construction accident attorney when it comes to reviewing your case, valuing your claim and obtaining a favorable outcome. Strong evidence may include:
- Your Account of the Accident
- Medical Documentation such as:
- Medical Bills
- Medical Records Outlining Your Injuries
- Photographs or Videos of the Accident and Your Injuries
- Eyewitness Statements
- Proof that You Have Suffered Financially as a Result
Step 4: Contact Our Lake Worth Construction Accident Attorney
Our Lake Worth construction accident attorneys know that the days ahead may be rife with challenges. As a result of your accident you may not only be experiencing physical pain but emotional trauma from the accident as well. Additionally, in the event that you are unable to work as a result of the construction accident, chances are your financial security may be affected as well. Taking the above steps recommended by the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt can ensure that you put your best foot forward following the construction accident. Unsure of what to do next? Contact our construction accident attorneys that Lake Worth residents turn to today for the guidance and support that you deserve.
If You Have Suffered an Injury
An experienced construction accident attorney Lake Worth workers trust can make all the difference. Workers’ compensation settlements are often less than fair, and all too often, valid claims are denied. Our attorneys have helped many injured workers get the justice they deserve. Call the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt today for a free consultation with a construction accident attorney Lake Worth respects.
“I want to thank Lisa, Kim and Eric for their great work in getting my settlememt completed. They where always there if I needed anything or had a question. I would highly recommend them if you need help with a Workers Comp Case. Again thanks for your professionalism and hard work. ”