Construction Accident Attorney Lake Worth
Lake Worth Construction Accident Lawyer
Contact the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt to speak with a top construction accident attorney Lake Worth residents trust. If you’ve been injured in a construction accident, you might be unsure whether or not to call an attorney. Call us and you can speak with a construction attorney who may review your case and offer a professional opinion at no charge.
Our attorneys have helped thousands of people receive medical care and lost wage compensation for injuries due to unsafe working conditions. If you need a construction accident attorney in Lake Worth, call us today at (561) 600-4024.
What to Know About Construction Accident Injuries
Unfortunately, accidents happen frequently on construction sites. If you have been injured on the job, you’re not alone. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration reports that one in 10 workers at construction sites are injured while on the job. Below is some important information about construction accidents, and how to help reduce the risk of suffering a work related injury.
Common Construction Accident Injuries
After suffering an injury at a construction site, a Lake Worth construction accident attorney may help you recover your damages. It is important to discuss your case with an attorney to better understand your legal options. Here are some of the most common construction injuries:
1. – – Falls. Nearly 22 percent of construction injuries are due to workers falling off scaffolding, roofs, flooring, ladders, and under other circumstances.
2. – – Falling objects. Virtually anything can fall from above at a construction site and cause injury: scaffolding, drywall, concrete, ladders, etc.
3. – – Heavy machinery and other equipment. Large, heavy equipment can run over workers, crush arms or legs, or fall onto a worker.
4. – – Crushed between objects. If a worker is crushed beneath an elevator, between walls, or by a vehicle, they can be seriously or even fatally injured.
5. – – Explosions or fires. When these occur, workers are vulnerable to severe burns. If the explosion or fire involves a hazardous material, the resulting fumes or particles can come into contact with the worker and cause permanent or fatal injuries.
6. – – Hypothermia or frostbite. Hypothermia can develop even when temperatures are relatively warm. In more extreme cases, it can even be fatal. Frostbite can cause permanent nerve damage, or loss of limbs and extremities such as toes, fingers, noses, and ears.
How Employers Can Minimize the Risk of Construction Accidents
Not every construction accident is preventable, but an employer can minimize the likelihood of accidents by following some basic safety rules. If an accident occurs, an experienced construction accident attorney Lake Worth offers may reconstruct the accident. In this way, he or she can determine how the employer might have prevented the accident, and if more than one party is liable for damages. In most instances, employers are expected to follow these guidelines:
1. – – Educate construction workers and other employees about how to safely operate any machinery or tools that will be used on the job.
2. – – If a worker is ill or otherwise unable to safely perform their job, they should be instructed to take a sick day from work.
3. – – Workplace safety checks should be performed on a regular basis to identify potential hazards before an injury occurs.
4. – – The use of safety restraints and harnesses should be taught to workers who may have to work more than six feet above the ground.
5. – – Scaffolding, ladders, and other climbing equipment should be regularly inspected for damage and any issues that might cause them to fail. A construction accident attorney Lake Worth workers trust may determine that in addition to the job site employer, the equipment manufacturer may be liable.
6. – – Slippery surfaces and other hazards should be clearly marked.
If You Have Suffered an Injury
An experienced construction accident attorney Lake Worth workers trust can make all the difference. Workers’ compensation settlements are often less than fair, and all too often, valid claims are denied. Our attorneys have helped many injured workers get the justice they deserve. Call us today for a free consultation with a construction accident attorney Lake Worth respects.
“I want to thank Lisa, Kim and Eric for their great work in getting my settlememt completed. They where always there if I needed anything or had a question. I would highly recommend them if you need help with a Workers Comp Case. Again thanks for your professionalism and hard work. ”