Construction Accident Lawyer West Palm Beach
Who Could Be Liable After a Construction Accident Injury?
If you were injured in a construction site, contact the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt to meet with a skilled construction accident lawyer West Palm Beach workers trust. Our legal team can assist you in pursuing a claim for one of the following legal actions, depending on the circumstance of your case:
- Workers’ compensation: State law requires most employers carry workers’ compensation insurance to cover provide benefits for injured workers. These benefits include medical expenses and wages. If an injured employee is approved and receives workers’ compensation benefits, they are not allowed to file a personal injury lawsuit against their employer, however, the injured employee may file a third-party injury claim depending on how and why the injury occurred.
- Personal injury claim or lawsuit: A worker injured on a construction site can file a personal injury claim against the third party deemed negligent for the injury or illness the worker has suffered.
- Product liability claim or lawsuit: If the injury was a result of a defective product, the injured worker can file a lawsuit against the liable party, including the manufacturer, the distributor, the wholesaler, or the retailer.
- Wrongful death claim or lawsuit: If the employee dies as a result of the injury they sustain on the construction site, their family or other representative can file a wrongful death claim against the negligent party or parties.
A construction accident lawyer in West Palm Beach knows that there are certain factors that are responsible for many construction site accidents. Federal regulations require employers to apply for permits, implement safety programs on the job site in order to lower the risks of construction site accidents, and conduct regular inspections on the site. When an employer fails to do any of these things, it puts workers in danger of being injured. The most common causes of these accident include:
- Collapsed structures
- Compressed gases
- Crane accidents
- Defective equipment
- Electrical accidents
- Exposure to toxic substances
- Falling objects
- Falls from elevations
- Fires and explosions
- Harness accidents
- Hoist accidents
- Improper use or maintenance of equipment
- Insufficient training
- Mechanical hazards
- Misuse of tools
- Poor safety precautions and oversight
- Scaffolding accidents
- Slips and falls
- Welding accidents
A West Palm Beach construction accident lawyer will evaluate your case, determine who the liable party is, and what the best legal options are. Your attorney will also determine what losses the injury has caused you and what damages you may be entitled to. Some of the more common damages include:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income and benefits
- Loss of future income
Under the laws of the federal government (OSHA), there is certain information that workers have a right to, including:
- The right to ask OSHA to inspect the construction site without the consequences of discrimination or retaliation
- Request training and information about the hazards and dangers on the site, how to prevent injury from these hazards, and any federal standards that have oversight of the work site.
- Request test results that were conducted for any hazards at the construction site.
- Request records of any job-related injuries or illnesses.
In addition to filing an injury claim on your behalf, your construction site attorney can also file a complaint for you with OSHA.
To find out more information, contact the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt to see how a construction site accident lawyer can help with your situation.
Who Could Be Liable After a Construction Accident Injury?
When looking for a top construction accident lawyer, West Palm Beach workers know that they can turn to the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt. Our team has built a strong reputation for working tirelessly to defend individuals who have been injured on the job. Even though construction sites may inherently present more obvious risks for workers than the average office environment, construction contract workers have the right to safe and regulated work environment.
Who Is Responsible?
If an injury occurs, construction site employees have the right to claim financial compensation from their employer. However, as any experienced construction accident lawyer West Palm Beach has to offer should know, construction zones can be chaotic and there may be other entities at fault. Whether it is a private or public entity, you may have a potential third party lawsuit in addition to a workers compensation claim.
To even further complicate matters, some construction companies outsource to contractors, use day labor or leasing companies to obtain workers at a discount. As a seasoned construction accident lawyer West Palm Beach can trust to help in a time of need, when construction companies outsource jobs and rent equipment in order to avoid too much over head, accidents may occur.
Various parties that could potentially be held liable for a construction accident injury might include:
- The construction site owner
- The general contracting company
- One or more sub-contracting companies
- Specialty “prime” contractors
- Architects and/or engineers on the project
- The company that rented out any piece of equipment that caused the injury
- The companies that designed, manufactured, or sold any equipment that caused the injury
If an injured employee is unsure which party should be held liable, it may be beneficial to seek legal counsel form a construction accident lawyer in West Palm Beach.
How can a West Palm Beach construction accident lawyer help?
It can be difficult to deal with an injury claim alone, and the complexities inherent to a construction site can only further confuse a victim’s understanding of their own claim. An experienced construction accident lawyer West Palm Beach workers turn to may be able to provide assistance in a variety of ways, including:
- Determining which party (or parties) should be held liable;
- Calculating a reasonable settlement;
- Organizing all necessary evidence in the case.
Contact a construction accident lawyer West Palm Beach can rely on!
At the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt, our team of lawyers has provided valuable legal counsel to many local residents who have suffered from injuries at work. We understand that these cases can be particularly difficult, but we believe that accident victims and their families deserve to receive fair compensation after experiencing a traumatic injury at the workplace. For more information about how we may be able to assist you, contact our local office. At the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt, we’re proud to offer West Palm Beach a construction accident lawyer residents can trust.
“Lisa, my paralegal, was awesome and on the ball. She kept me informed every step of the way with a quick response to every question I had. A very professional and knowledgeable firm. My attorney did more than what I ever could of expected. I highly recommend these expert attorney’s and paralegals. They made Worker’s Comp bareable and fought hard for my case. ”