A construction site accident lawyer Lake Worth workers believe in may be able to help you get the compensation you deserve if you’ve been involved in an accident on the job. Our staff at the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt have assisted workers’ compensation victims for more than 100 years; helping many injured construction workers get their due financial support. We may be able to help you too!
Five Things to Know about Construction Accident Claims
- Seek medical attention immediately. Do not refuse medical care. If medical personnel recommend that you go to the hospital, follow their advice. Keep all your bills and receipts, as you will likely need them to receive reimbursement.
- Collect information that can help your case. To preserve evidence that can help your case, it may be critical that you capture details about the accident scene. A construction site accident lawyer Lake Worth employees rely on may want to review this information to strengthen your case.
- Take photos and video of the accident location on the construction site as soon as possible. Construction sites can look very different in as little as a few hours; so if you’re not able to photograph the area, ask a friend or coworker to do so on your behalf.
- Get the names and contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident. Take notes about what they saw.
- Write down everything you remember from events immediately preceding the accident to shortly after it happened; but stick to the facts.
- Inform your employer about the accident.
- Submit a workers compensation claim.
- Claims can be complex. It’s important to hire an experienced construction site accident lawyer in Lake Worth who understands the complexities of workers compensation claims. A few major factors that can increase the difficulty of a case include:
- Insurance carriers and employers may wrongfully deny your claim or refuse to cover all of your injury-related costs; complicating your ability to obtain the compensation you need to get back on your feet.
- Insurance companies can be stubborn about their bottom line. They may create paperwork and evidentiary obstacles to protect their profit that only a trained professional knows how to combat.
- Third parties can be liable if they contributed to causing your accident.A construction site accident lawyer Lake Worth residents trust may investigate the circumstances of your accident and determine that a subcontractor, equipment manufacturer, or any other third was at fault or partly at fault. You may have a separate claim outside of the workers’ compensation system.
- A trial may be necessary. If the workers compensation settlement offer is too low, your lawyer may take your case to court. Your attorney at the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt is able to prepare for the potential of trial from the very beginning. In this way, they can build a strong case with the best chance of recovering your due compensation. Not every construction site accident lawyer Lake Worth victims hire is as dedicated to fighting for your rights.
If you’ve been injured in an accident and need the help of a professional and diligent attorney, contact the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig, & Neuwelt today. In choosing our team, you’ll get an experienced construction site accident lawyer Lake Worth is proud to have fighting for their workers.