Did You Slip and Fall in Your Workplace?
According to federal government statistics, the second more common type of nonfatal work injuries is slip and fall accidents. These are also the third most common cause of fatal work accidents.
Slip and fall accidents on the job can result in minor to catastrophic injuries, depending on the circumstances of the incident. A victim can suffer from pulled muscles, fracture bones, injury to the spine, or brain injury. Many victims are left with some permanent disability from a slip and fall accident.
At the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt, our work injury compensation lawyers in Fort Lauderdale have successfully represented countless clients in obtaining financial compensation for the losses that these injuries have caused the victim to suffer. Although many work-related accidents may be covered under workers’ compensation insurance, there are also many types of slip and fall accidents that happen on the job where a third party may be found at fault for the victim’s accident because they were negligent in some way. A work injury compensation lawyer can determine the best legal course of action for your case.
Some of the more frequent causes of workplace slip and fall accidents that our work injury compensation lawyers have handled include:
- Debris or fluid on the floor: This is one of the most common causes we see at our firm. Any substance that makes a surface slippery or an object that creates a hazard can result in a slip and fall. Some of the more common causes are:
- Newly washed or waxed floor
- Spilled liquid
- Irregularities on waking surfaces: Any type of abnormality or irregularity in floors, pavement, or other surfaces can cause a person to trip. Some examples of the types of cases a work injury compensation lawyer at the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt has handled are:
- Alteration in height of floor
- Broken tile
- Buckling in the carpet
- Loose mat or rugs
- Split in wood floor
- Unlevel stairs
- Inferior or poor lighting: If an area is not well lit, then the victim may not see where they are walking, putting them at risk of slipping, tripping, or falling. These types of incidents usually happen in closets, hallways, parking garages, stairways, and storage areas.
- Weather: There are certain types of weather which can cause areas where employees walk hazardous if they are not treated or warnings put up. This is particularly true during the winter months when there are ice and snow which can cause surfaces to get slippery. Even in warmer climates where it doesn’t snow, rain can still create a dangerous walking surface.
Let a Work Injury Compensation Lawyer Help
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a workplace slip and fall accident, contact the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt to find out how we can help. We can assist in filing a workers’ compensation claim if that is the appropriate course of action, as well as prepare a personal injury case against a negligent third party if that is the appropriate action.
Call our office today to set up a free case evaluation with a Fort Lauderdale work injury compensation lawyer from the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt.