Workers Compensation Lawyer West Palm Beach
Although the process of filing a workers’ compensation claim does not have to be hard, insurance companies and even your employer can make the process more complex. It can be hard for you to simply make ends meet after suffering from a workers’ compensation injury, but there are a few things you can do to ensure your claim goes through smoothly. Lawyers understand the struggle of filing for a workers’ compensation claim and getting the most out of it, which is why we have compiled a few tips that can help get your claim process underway quickly to get you the best results possible when recovering from your injury.
- Always Report Your Injury. This may seem obvious, but if you don’t report your workplace injury to your boss, why would you expect them to work with you for your claim? You must give your employer notice immediately after your injury has occurred. If you don’t do this, you could lose out on your right to file for workers’ compensation all together.
- See a Doctor Immediately. Delaying your doctor’s visit will do you harm in multiple ways. An insurance company could use it against you when you file for your claim, and your injuries could get even worse if you don’t get treatment.
- Understand That There Are Multiple Types of Benefits. Each state will have their own rule on what workers’ compensation will cover, but it typically helps with your medical care, temporary or permanent disability, and even rehabilitation costs.
- Keep Detailed Records of Information. Always keep copies of your work restrictions, workers’ compensation claim, letters and emails to your employer and insurance company, and any medical records on-hand and ready if your attorney needs them.
- Change Doctors. Depending on your employer, they may require you to go see a doctor that their insurance company specifically chooses. When this happens, there might be a conflict of interest regarding your injuries and treatment. If you feel that an insurance-specified doctor is in any way minimizing your injuries or treatment so that the insurance company will not have to cover higher costs, speak with your attorney. Your doctor will be one of your most important advocates for your workers’ compensation claim. They can help you determine your state’s rule on switching doctors.
- Appeal a Denial. If your claim was initially denied, one of our attorneys can help you determine why the insurance company denied it in the first place and what your attorney can do to appeal it.
Hire a Trusted Attorney Today
When a work task causes your injury, you want to know that you are getting the best medical treatment and that you will be able to recover quickly with help from your employer’s insurance. If you are filing a workers’ compensation claim and need help with the process, or if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact a trusted workers compensation lawyer West Palm Beach offers at the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt today.