Vehicle Accident lawyer Palm Beach, FL
A vehicle accident lawyer in Palm Beach, FL knows that even a minor fender bender can be nerve-wracking. The more serious the crash, the more confused and disoriented a victim may be. It is critical to remember that if you are ever in a crash, there are certain things that you should and should not do in the aftermath in order to protect your right to pursue for damages against the party responsible for the accident and your injuries.
If you are involved in a crash and are physically able to do so, the following steps are recommended by a Palm Beach car accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt.
- Stop immediately. If you are able to drive your vehicle, move it over to a safe area where it will not be blocking traffic.
- Call 9-1-1 to alert police of the crash and to ask for emergency assistance if there are any injuries.
- Remain calm and exchange contact information with any of the other drivers involved in the accidents. Make sure to get their name, phone number, license number, vehicle registration, and insurance company and number.
- If there were any witnesses at the scene, try to get their contact information. Your Palm Beach, FL vehicle accident lawyer may be able to use their statements to prove your case.
- Take photos of the scene of the accident, including damage to all vehicles, property damage, landmarks, skid marks, and any other items you think could factor into the crash.
- If you do not receive medical treatment at the scene of the crash, make sure to seek out your own physician or emergency room visit to get fully checked out. It is not uncommon for symptoms of injuries to be delayed immediately following an accident. There are also some injuries, such as internal bleeding, which do not present symptoms until the situation becomes dangerous. Our Palm Beach, Florida vehicle accident lawyer knows that failing to get medical treatment after an accident not only jeopardizes your health, it also jeopardizes any potential personal injury case you may have. The other party’s insurance company could claim that your injuries occurred after the accident if you do not have them documented.
Once you have returned home, you will need to contact your insurance company right away to notify them of the accident. You will also likely be contacted by the other party’s insurance company. It is critical not to speak with them until you have consulted with your own vehicle accident lawyer Palm Beach residents trust. The at-fault party’s insurance company will do all they can to deny your claim.
Insurance adjusters are trained to know how to manipulate people into saying things they do not mean, like apologizing for an accident that wasn’t their fault. Statements like that can be used against the victim to show that the victim was partially at fault for the accident. A victim may also be manipulated into saying their injuries aren’t as bad as they really are.
Before you return that call to the other driver’s insurance adjuster, call a reliable vehicle accident lawyer in Palm Beach, FL from the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt to speak with us about your accident.