What are Common Overlooked Injuries in the Workplace?
Work Injury Lawyer Plantation, FL
As a work injury lawyer Plantation, FL trusts can explain, you may have sustained injuries on the job that you are not even aware of, as a result of the nature of the every-day repetitive actions of your position.
You may not even know that if you suffer from these work-related injuries, you could be covered by workers’ compensation benefits. If this could be you, or if you would like to talk to someone to see whether or not the symptoms you are suffering could have been caused from your job, contact an experienced work injury lawyer in Plantation, FL at the Law Office of Frank, Koenig & Neuwelt. They can evaluate your situation and advise you of what the next steps should be.
Some possible injuries that employees sustain while on the job but often go undetected in the short term are:
- Injuries to the eyes – eye strain and airborne particles can severely impact your vision
- Hearing loss — your hearing may be impaired if you are constantly exposed to loud noises, even if you use hearing protection.
- Back pain and hernias from excessive physical exertion and lifting heavy objects
- Lung issues from being exposed to industrial chemicals over a long period of time. This can cause damage to your lungs as well as breathing complications.
- Hand injuries from doing the same thing over and over can cause wrist pain, nerve damage or carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Heart attacks — If you have a stressful job, you may suffer a heart attack even when you are not at work, as a result of the anxiety on the job.
There are several chronic conditions that may have started from an initial workers’ compensation claim but were not considered related to the claim. It can be difficult for the individual to manage these conditions, particularly when they are not deemed to be related to the initial injury and therefore not covered by the employee’s workers’ compensation benefits. These conditions include but are not limited to:
- High blood pressure
- Stomach disorders
The employee often does not realize that these health issues are directly or indirectly caused by the original injury. If you have had an injury in the workplace and are now experiencing health issues that you feel may be related to the original claim, see your doctor and let them know of your concerns. A physician can determine whether the chronic condition you are experiencing is connected to the injury that took place at work no matter how long ago. Seeking the help of a qualified work injury lawyer in Plantation, FL during this process can help you protect your legal rights and advise you through the process.
When your health suffers as a result of your job, whether it be obvious or shows up at a later date, contact the Plantation, FL work injury lawyer at the Law Office of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt. They will address all your concerns and answer any questions concerning your workers’ compensation benefits and claims. Maneuvering through the laws concerning disability and compensation is not easy, and you should never try to travel this path without professional legal assistance. Trust a professional work injury lawyer Plantation, FL trusts at the Law Office of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt to work with you to get the settlement you deserve.