Work Injury Lawyer Delray Beach
Delray Beach Work Injury Attorney
– As a healthcare worker, you may never have anticipated suffering an injury yourself, much less while working to help others. As a result, you may not know of a work injury lawyer in Delray Beach who can help you. The attorneys at the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt have assisted thousands of injured workers to recover their damages from workplace accidents.
Workplace Injuries and Healthcare Providers
Nurses, hospital staff, and emergency first responders are on the front lines of providing vital healthcare to injured and sick people every day. Many people benefit from the hard work that healthcare workers provide.
Unfortunately, due to the many risks of their profession, healthcare workers can be injured while performing the duties of their jobs. Their injuries can be quite serious and may have long term or permanent effects. Sometimes, it can become necessary to hire the services of a work injury lawyer Delray Beach workers rely on. The lawyers at the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt offer a free initial consultation for a personal injury case review.
Common Injuries Among Healthcare Providers
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report that in the U.S, there are more than 18 million healthcare workers. They experience more occupational injuries and illnesses than workers in any other industry. An experienced work injury lawyer Delray Beach medical providers turn to may help protect their rights. Regardless of their specific job, many healthcare workers suffer from one or more of these injuries:
– – – – Musculoskeletal disorders. This can develop when a healthcare worker uses repetitive motion, or overexerts an area of their body. As a group, healthcare workers are at least seven times more likely to develop this condition than other workers. Attendants, orderlies, and nursing aids are at the highest risk.
– – – – Muscle or back injuries. Often, healthcare workers must do heavy lifting, especially when patients need to be repositioned or moved. This can cause the healthcare worker to strain a muscle or damage a nerve.
– – – – Needle punctures. Because healthcare workers often use needles when taking blood, administering intravenous fluids, etc. it’s not unusual for them to mistakenly get cut or punctured by a needle. If the needle is contaminated, it can cause serious, lifelong health issues.
– – – – Assault and battery. Healthcare personnel can be assaulted by patients, hospital visitors, and even criminals who are in search of narcotics. Security staff members are not always present to prevent injuries to healthcare workers.
– – – – Slips and falls. Healthcare facilities can be hazardous locations in which to work when liquids are spilled on the floor, making it slippery. Healthcare workers are also at risk of falling when a patient they are lifting or guiding falls down and takes the worker with them. Another common scenario can happen when the worker lifts a patient who is too heavy, then slips and breaks the fall of the patient.
When a healthcare worker files a workers’ compensation claim, they do not have to prove that someone else caused their injury. A work injury lawyer Delray Beach offers can inform you what you are entitled to receive from your workers’ compensation carrier. This will depend in part on the specifics of your injury, as not all injuries are covered by workers compensation.
– – – – Workers cannot sue their employers for their job-related injury
– – – – Workers compensation does not require that the job-related injury happened at the regular work location.
– – – – Workers compensation does not require the injured healthcare worker to prove that someone else’s negligence caused the injury.
Personal Injury Litigation
Employers cannot be sued by employees who are injured on the job. However, if the employee was injured on the job by a third party (a person or a company other than who they work for), they can file a lawsuit against them. A Delray Beach work injury lawyer may review your case to see if there is merit for a lawsuit. Examples of when it may be appropriate include:
– – – – A patient’s relative who assaulted you and caused you physical or emotional harm
– – – – The manufacturer of a device or substance that caused you harm, due to its design or because it was defective
Contact Us to speak with a Delray Beach Work Injury Lawyer
If you were injured on the job, call the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt today to speak with a work injury lawyer Delray Beach healthcare workers trust.