Workers Comp Lawyer Palm Beach
Palm Beach Workers Compensation Attorney
When you contact the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt, a Palm Beach workers’ comp lawyer will answer your case-specific questions. Here are answers to some of the most common questions that our clients ask us.
Answers to Common Questions from a Workers Comp Lawyer in Palm Beach
What should I do if I get injured while working?
- The first thing you should do is seek immediate medical attention. Get documentation of treatment and a prognosis from the treatment provider. Also be sure to save your receipts for any related costs such as medications, transportation costs to the hospital, etc.
- Report the injury to your employer. If the injury does not require immediate medical attention, report the injury right away.
- Contact a workers comp lawyer Palm Beach employees call if they get injured while on the job. At the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt, we offer a free, no-obligation case review. The workers compensation insurance company will have an attorney, which is one reason why it may benefit you to have one as well. A workers comp lawyer Palm Beach residents trust may offer you the following:
- Make sure all your paperwork and legal deadlines are met.
- Make sure procedural requirements are met, the correct forms are filled out properly, and negotiate bureaucratic pitfalls on your behalf.
- Negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to obtain the highest possible settlement amount.
- Protect your legal rights.
If I file a workers’ compensation claim, can I keep working?
Yes, under most circumstances, you can continue working. Even if you are still working, you may still apply for disability benefits. You can also continue to receive additional medical treatment for your injury.
Can I file a personal injury claim for my injury that occurred while on the job?
In most cases, an injured worker can’t file a personal injury claim against their employer. There are exceptions to this that a top workers comp lawyer Palm Beach offers may explain in more detail. Generally speaking, one of the following must be true about the cause of your injury in order to file a personal injury claim:
- A third party was at least partially responsible for causing the injury.
- The employer willfully and intentionally caused the injury.
Make an Appointment for a Free Case Review
An experienced attorney may help protect your rights and make sure that you receive a fair settlement for your work injury. Contact the law firm of the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt at (561) 600-4024 today to meet with a workers comp lawyer Palm Beach workers turn to when they’re injured on the job.