Developing an Occupational Disease or Health Condition
If your job has caused you develop a chronic disease or illness that hinders you from working, you may be entitled to workers compensation and should contact a workers compensation lawyer West Palm Beach trusts. Proving an occupational disease is usually not easy, especially when the condition develops over time or is being questioned by your employer. Furthermore it is not uncommon for insurance companies to argue that it was not the job that caused the occupational disease or illness. For this reason it is advisable to contact a workers compensation lawyer West Palm Beach relies on from Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt. Please call (561) 616-3800 to schedule an initial consultation.
What You Should Do When You Believe You Have an Occupational Disease
If you think you have developed an occupational disease or illness, the first thing you should do is get medical attention. Let you doctor know what you suspect your aliment has occured from work. Make sure you note any specific factors like where you work, what you work around, any chemicals/substances you use, etc. You should notify your employer as soon as possible and then call an experienced workers compensation lawyer. Occupational diseases are generally not like a standard work injury. Rather they may involve substantial health problems and financial loss which is why you may want to opt for a workers compensation lawyer West Palm Beach workers turn to from the very beginning.
Examples of Occupational Diseases
As workers compensation lawyers, we have handled a number of cases that have involved occupational diseases such as:
- Caisson’s Disease – Adverse effects associated with compressed air work or commercial diving
- Cancer – Multiple types
- Infectious illness – Such as hepatitis, scabies, TB, etc.
- Needle injuries or blood borne pathogens – When the job involves direct contact with blood
- Noise induced hearing loss – For example when a job involves loud machinery
- Respiratory disorders – Including asthma, COPD, pulmonary disease, emphysema, etc.
- Exposure to toxins resulting in an illness – Examples include cadmium, PCB’s, vinyl chloride, mercury, arsenic, platinum, sulphur dioxide, ammonia, etc.
- bronchitis, rhinitis, fibrosis, alveolitis, hypersensitivity pneumonitis, emphysema, COPD (chronic obstructive Pulmonary disease, also called chronic obstructive lung disease)
- Carpal tunnel – Caused by forceful, repetitive work such as hammering
- Thoracic outlet syndrome – A nerve condition that results from certain muscle strains or sprains
- Chronic pain- From heavy lifting or repetitive use
- Asbestos exposure
- The above health conditions are only a fraction of examples that may entitle you to workers compensation. To learn more, please call a workers compensation lawyer West Palm Beach employees need now.
We Focus On Protecting Your Rights
As workers compensation lawyers, we understand that you and your family may rely on compensation after being diagnosed with an occupational disease. When you call our firm we will be ready to listen to your story and provide you with honest legal advice. If you don’t understand the benefits of hiring a lawyer, here are a few reasons to consider:
- A workers compensation lawyer can issue a proper notice to your employer and their insurance carrier. This could speed up the entire process.
- A lawyer can ensure you get the medical treatment you need; sometimes on a lien basis.
- Your claim may include more than monetary damages from medical costs or job loss, but rather might also note mileage costs, therapy, and more.
- You may be able to receive maximum compensation.
- A lawyer will understand how to the gather the necessary proof needed to show the insurance company.
- A lawyer may be ready to negotiate your settlement based on your best interests.
Time is of the Essence!
If you are ready to talk with one of our workers compensation lawyer West Palm Beach residents trust, please call now.